Crossroads Fund, a Funding Exchange Member Foundation, has joined with organizations in Chicago and across the country to help create an online toolkit on creating safe space for young people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. This resource is intended to assist youth-serving professionals in:
- Educating Youth to Understand and Support Their GLBTQ Peers—The nuts and bolts of building allies for GLBTQ youth. 12 lesson plans.
- Redressing Homophobia and Creating Awareness among Staff—A blueprint for creating safe space in your organization. Tips and strategies on what you can do.
- Becoming a GLBTQ Ally Yourself—Additional resources on sexual orientation and gender identity.
Click here to visit the online toolkit at the advocatesforyouth.org website.
- Safe Space Partner Organizations
- About Face Youth Theatre
- Advocates for Youth
- Chicago Foundation for Women
- Chicago Girls’ Coalition
- Coalition for Education on Sexual Orientation
- Cornerstone Consulting Group
- Crossroads Fund
- Gay-Straight Alliance Network
- Girl’s Best Friend Foundation
- GLSEN of Colorado
- Health Initiatives for Youth
- Illinois Center for Violence Prevention
- Latina Girls’ Club and Lakeview School-Based Health Center
- Links, North Shore Youth Health Services
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Radio Arte
- Transgender Law Center
- University of Southern California’s GLBT Assembly
- Video Machete